This guide will cover what tier gear to aim for, where they are found, and what will be the next step to aim for.
This guide is current for up to the Velik’s Fate patch.
Learning about gear progression is part of a three-part series:
Returning to TERA, or just hit 60?
You’ll notice two things when hitting level 60 (or if you’re returning to TERA as a pre-Fate of Arun player).
You’ll start automatically receiving Daily Quests: these are your “General” quests, there are also “Dungeon” and “Battleground” quests as well. Completing these quests will give you experience, gold, feedstock, and a new reputation credit called Vanguard Initiative credits, which can be used to purchase essential items, such as Crystals, Masterwork Alkahest and Glyphs. However, there is a limit on how many you can do a day, and you’ll get no rewards after you reach the limit. Be sure to turn in and claim your reward after you finish each Vanguard quest (press H and click “Claim Reward”).
If you feel like you’re ready, then proceed by using the Airship Platform Teleport Scroll which will take you to Velika Outskirts.
Gearing: Level 60-65
If your gear is outdated, don’t worry since you’ll be given new gear from the main story quests to aid you.
- You’ll receive the Initia armor and accessories from the first set of story quests. This is an enchantable set, and I recommend enchanting it to +9. Another alternate is doing Manaya’s Core for the Level 60 gear set.
- You’ll receive the Emina armor and accessories from quests around level 62. This is an enchantable set, and I recommend enchanting it to +9. This gear will be sufficient until level 65.
For your weapon you’ll start receiving Avatar Relic Pieces as you kill monsters (you also obtain some from story quests). Don’t worry about hunting these pieces, as you’ll get them eventually by just killing monsters for the quests.
- You’ll receive Ishara’s avatar weapon (level 60) when you collect 8 Ishara’s Relic Pieces, these are obtained by killing monsters in Velika Outskirts and the new zones when you’re level 60. I recommend enchanting to +9.
- You’ll receive Oriyn’s avatar weapon (level 62) when you collect 15 Oriyn’s Relic Piece, these are obtained by killing monsters in the new zones when you’re near level 62. I recommend enchanting to +9.
- You’ll receive Bahaar avatar weapon (level 64) when you collect 10 Bahaar’s Relics, these are obtained by killing monsters in Macellarius Catacombs, Velika Outskirts and the new zones when you’re level 63. I recommend enchanting to +9. Do not dismantle this weapon when you reach level 65, as it is going to be your first endgame weapon.
Questing is a good way to level to 65, as the amount of gold you earn from quest rewards will help you get started with your endgame gear. However, there are other ways to level such as repeating dungeons, battlegrounds or even simply mob grinding. If you feel like you want to grind your way to 65, then you kill BAMs or concentrated areas of monsters on your vanguard, such as the area outside Amadjuak Trading Post.
60+ Dungeons, Glyphs and Skills
While leveling, you may pick up a yellow quest in Amajuak Trading Post which asks you to clear a dungeon. There are two leveling dungeons:
Both of these yield a decent amount of experience and drop Khirian Glyph Crates and Vanguard Glyph Crates that give important Master Glyphs for your skills.
Master Glyphs are better versions of normal white glyphs, and they reduce the glyph cost or give a stronger effect. The Khirian Glyph Crate will give a random uncommon master glyph for your class. The Vanguard Glyph Crate gives a random improved glyph for your class. You can also purchase Glyph with Glyph Tokens from the Vanguard Reputation Merchant.
There is also a new tier of blue Rare Master Glyphs, but this cannot be earned from the Vanguard Reputation Merchant or the 60-63 dungeons. Instead, they can be obtained from Lakan’s Domination Tokens or from Island of Dawn tokens. (See the Master Glyph guide for more details: Master Glyphs)
I recommend repeating both dungeons until you have attained all important glyphs.
I’ve reached Level 65!
Congratulations on hitting level 65! More info in Gear rewamp guide
Updated for “Go Berserk!” progression by Floss.
Updated for “Secrets and Shadows” progression by Banim and Floss.
Updated for “Spellbound” progression by Obsie.
Updated for “Honorbound” progression by Floss.
Updated for “Velik’s Fate” progression by Floss.